Saturday, February 27, 2010

Grey Winter

Maybe its that the English winter has finally worked its charm, but I seem to be wearing, knitting and coveting more and more grey at the moment. Off my needles in January was this lovely Drops cardigan/jacket. Its knit with Eskimo, a chunky Drops yarn thats really just a big single ply. Its cosy, chunky, and just a tiny bit prone to pilling. To be honest, I've hardly taken it off. It goes with nearly everything (except my new red coat - it would look great if only I could squeeze my giant smooshy grey arms into the svelt red sleeves!)
Theres more info here (Ravelry link). Excuse the squinty face - there was real, actual sunshine here - we dashed to the park to remind the baby that such stuff existed, and took advantage to take some pics (I think it took me longer to take photos than it did to knit this thing!).
Also on my grey list - a new grey scarf (left overs from this jacket), a cool grey poncho/cape/cardigan thing from St Martins (love their stuff) and participation in the great grey swap of gorgeousness (who could resist?!)

1 comment:

Liz said...

Beautiful cardigan. Shame it won't fit under your coat but hopefully it will be warm enough soon that you can wear the cardi just on its own.