Sunday, February 27, 2011

Delicious things

Over Christmas, I started making panettone in the bread machine, using this recipe. It is fantastic. While you do need to leave a good 4.5 hours or so from starting to eating, it is very minimally demanding during this time and makes your house smell gorgeous. It is now part of our regular 'cake' schedule, and is particularly good for when you really have eaten too many cakes and need something a little lighter, or that lasts a few more days, or for breakfast. It also makes wicked bread and butter pudding. The picture is a bit sad, but I never seem to remember to take photos whilst it is still around - somehow I get distracted by the eating :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have made one from your advice and my experiencing one of yours and its good. My only complaint is I repeatedly leave it too late in the day to start. xm