Sunday, January 23, 2011

Christmas Dress

I didn't do much crafting for Christmas this year, what with babies and two year olds and work and most family being in hotter climes. I did make one dress, for my niece G. It was a crazy day, sitting and sewing a sundress in the freezing fog (you can see some of the fog on the bushes behind the dress). But it is a great pattern, super easy and quick, and if I could just get the tension right on my machine then the shirring would be excellent fun! I'm slightly tempted to make one for me for the summer...although I don't think I can pull off red gingham anymore.
Pattern: Heather Ross' Smocked Sundress (you can find it either in her Weekend Sewing book or at Martha Stewart's website ).
Fabric: I have no idea where this came from, but I obviously bought quite a bit of it - I've used it for lots of things now. The ric rac is from the V&A.
Gratuitous freezing fog picture from the same day.

No comments: