Before I went on maternity leave, I started B a vest. It was autumn, and I figured it would be useful. I used my standard vest pattern (Drops b17-9 sleeveless top, Ravelry link here), made up some colourwork and used some yarn I got on special (Sublime Organic Merino DK). The yarn is a single, very soft and in very pretty colours. Despite growing to hate knitting this (thus the looong time it took to finish it), it turned out pretty nicely, and fits B well. The picture above is after two washes and one de-pill. It has sort of become a tunic vest - it's grown widthways quite a bit (luckily it was already pretty long, so it will now fit next winter as well as this one!), and the yarn has felted somewhat. I wash the kid's woolens on a wool wash in my machine and then line dry - if they can't handle this then they tend not to get worn. I'm a bit miffed that I put so much time into knitting this with yarn that I wasn't sure about, because I don't feel this is going to wear very well at all. My verdict: as usual I love this pattern, and think vests are the bee's knees for keeping boys snug, but will probably get rid of the rest of this yarn now.