Tuesday, July 10, 2007

WIPs

Look - actual knitting!
The first bit is both very exciting and very boring! The exciting bit is that Simon actually asked me to knit him something! He wanted plain, black socks. Plain plain plain. So I bought some black Regia sock yarn, found a nice plain pattern, and have surprised myself how much fun it has been. They are knit on 2.00mm dpns, which is always a bit like knitting on toothpicks, but it has knitted up beautifully. Even Simon thinks they look good! I just hope they will stay up (his biggest criteria) - I think I might knit one and get him to wear it a bit before starting the other, to see if it needs more rib on the leg. Anyway, I promise that the yarn is the blackest of black yarns, it just was a sunny (yes, actually sunny!) day.
And this is a partially finished Hello Yarns top-down bonnet, knit in Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino. It is just quick knitting, as there is a whole flotilla of babies due in the next 12 months and I want to be ready! It is nearly done - finished pics coming soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

But boring socks are good, because you just whizz round and round and round, not having to worry about cables, etc.! Great tv/commuting knitting. I will have to post about my big boring knit soon.

Also, I got the last SP parcel - thank you!! It is all lovely - there will be a big reveal soon...

Anonymous said...

I really like the colors you're using on that baby project - I can't wait to see it finished1

Anonymous said...

That Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino seems like really great yarn. And that darker color is my favorite color! And you have done way more knitting than I have done...shame on me ;)